I try to sneak in vegetables where ever I can for my kids. This is a very healthy after school snack for my son. It can be prepared in a jify if you have the regular dosa batter in hand as I always do.
1. Regular Dosa Batter
2. Carrots – 2
3. Beetroot -1
4. Spring Onions – 1/2 bunch or regular onion – 1
5. Bell Peppers – 1/4 or 1/2
6. Green Chilli – 1 or 2
7. Corriander Leaves – handful
1. Grate carrots and beetroot.
2. Cut spring bell peppers, onions, coriander leaves and chillies
3. Season mustard seeds, curry leaves , chillies with little oil.
4. Pour the seasoning in the batter, add all the veggies and mix thoroughly.
5. Make thick uthappam like dosa and serve with any accompaniment of choice. My son usually needs the millagai podi/gun powder with this.
1. I normally cut all the veggies into big chunks and put it in the food chopper to get finely minced pieces. I don’t grate/cut them.
2. I add green chiili paste instead of chillies so it is easier to feed the kids.