Rice Noodles is a very versatile food. I normally use it for all the varieties of sarasallu/iddiappam my grandma used to make. This variety is made with lemon and thoor dal, another perfect lunch box item. It can be combined with any tangy salad or pickle.
1. Rice Vermicelli – 1/4 packet
2. Thoor Dal – 1/4 cup
3. Green Chillies – 5 or 6
4. Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
5. For Seasoning – mustard, curry leaves, coriander leaves, urad and channa dal
1. Cook Vermicelli in plenty of water and drain.
2. Cook Thoor dal till soft but not mushy.
3. Season with mustard seeds, urad and channa dal, curry leaves and slit green chillies.
4. Add the drained vermicelli and cooked dal.
5. Mix gently and thoroughly with salt and turn of the heat.
6. Add lemon juice and mix and serve with any pickle or tangy salad of choice.